Head of the Department: Adleiba Anna Valerievna
Work schedule: Mon-Fri, 9.00-17.00, Sat-Sun - day off
ASU International Relations are aimed at the integration of educational space, development of cooperation in the field of Science and Education, improvement of the scientific qualifications of Graduate Students and teaching staff, exchange of experience in the development of advanced teaching methods, including the introduction of new educational technologies, publications and materials on ongoing research, organization of seminars and conferences, including the use of remote technologies.
In order to develop international cooperation, the University has an International Department that is involved in the development of agreements and cooperation projects with foreign partners; provides advisory and informational support to organizers during International Scientific Conferences, Symposiums, Seminars, Exhibitions; it is also organizing educational activities abroad by sending Lecturers, Undergraduates, Masters of Science and University students to different Trainings, Internships and Exchange Programs.
ASU International Relations contribute to:
· development of academic mobility;
· exchange of specialists in the field of education, including lecturers, graduate students and students with the aim of taking Scientific Internships and Practical Courses;
· searching partners for Goint Research Projects and Programs.
Among ASU partners there are Universities of both near abroad countries (Russia, Transdniestria, South Ossetia, Nagorno-Karabakh) as well as far abroad countries (Turkey, Italy, Germany, Switzerland, Northern Cyprus, Venezuela).
Foreign students from Russia, Armenia, Ukraine, Turkey, Syria study at the ASU.
In the framework of international agreements, cooperation is conducted with leading Universities and Research Centers of Russia, such as:
· M.V. Lomonosov Moscow State University
· Moscow State Institute of International Relations of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Russia
· Russian A.I. Herzen State Pedagogical University
· Peoples' Friendship University of Russia
· Kazan (Volga) Federal University
· St Petersburg State University of Economics and Finance
· Kutafin Moscow State Law University
· Bashkir State Medical University, etc.
ASU students, graduate students and staff undergo internships at these Universities, improve their qualifications, and carry out and defend PhD Theses and Doctoral Theses in various scientific fields. Lecturers of these universities regularly give lectures to the ASU students and also supervise graduate students.
Since 1993, ASU is a member of the Eurasian Association of Universities.
In 2007, in order to increase the effectiveness of the scientific and educational activities of universities, State Universities of the Republic of Abkhazia, the Nagorno-Karabakh Republic, the Transdnistrian Moldavian Republic and the Republic of South Ossetia created the Association of Universities of Self-Determined States.
The strategic goals of the Association are:
· formation of the unified Scientific, Educational and Humanitarian Space with the Russian Federation and other CIS countries;
· development of issues related to the international recognition of States;
· establishment of international cooperation in the field of education and methodology, research and others;
· establishment of business relations with Associations of Universities of other countries in the field of Education, Science, Culture, Ecology, International Security and Social Progress, and joint development of approaches to determine and reflect our People’s Historical Periods in textbooks for students and Humanitarian Cycle Works.
In 2013, based on results of the congress in Tskhinval, it was decided to rename the Association of Universities of Self-Determined States into the Association of Universities of the Newest Independent States (in connection with the recognition of independent status of the Republic of Abkhazia and the Republic of South Ossetia (08/26/2008).
In 2015, the Abkhaz State University was included into the Oxford Academic Union, and its Rector A.A. Guaramia was elected as a member of the Council of this Union.
International Scientific, Scientific and Practical Conferences are held on results of research work at the ASU, including the “International Archaeological Conference”, “Current Trends and Problems of States International Recognition”, “Information Technologies in Science, Technology and Education”, “Interuniversity Student Conference - “Human Rights as a Value”, “Problems and Prospects of the Socio-Economic Development of Modern Abkhazia”, “Russia- Caucasus. Problems and Prospects”, “Constitutional foundations of democracy in Russia and Abkhazia”:
“Mountain ecosystems and their components”.