Legal Counsel: Chamyan Ruslan Setrakovich
Phone: + 7 (940) 992-52-61
Work schedule: Mon-Fri, 9.00-16.00, Sat-Sun - day off
The Department main activity is the protection of rights and legitimate interests of the University, the development and improvement of Regulatory Legal Acts, performance of contractual and claim work, as well as studying and analyzing changes in the Legislation of the Republic of Abkhazia.
Main functions of ASU Legal Department:
- Drafting Conclusions and Notes on legal issues;
- Drafting Local Regulatory Legal Acts, or participating in drafting such acts together with other units;
- Developing draft Civil Law Contracts on all spheres of University activities;
- Legal evaluation of Contracts, cooperation Agreements concluded by the University;
- Participation in negotiations on signing Agreements, Cooperation Memorandums, including drafting Protocols on differences occurred on these documents;
- Providing legal assistance to structural units, as well as representation in the Court;
- Legal support to Personnel and Educational Policy; Advising staff and students on legal issues related to the University activities;
- Monitoring changes in the legislation, drafting information messages to interested Departments and officials of the University;
- Providing custody to local University regulations, etc.
In its work, the Legal Department is guided by the current legislation of the Republic of Abkhazia, the University Charter, the internal Labor Regulations of ASU and other local ASU Acts.